COMARCO WIRELESS TEST SOLUTIONS LAUNCHES SEVEN.FIVE---THE WIRELESS TEST FAMILY IS FIRST TO SPAN 2G, 2.5G AND 3G
IRVINE, Calif..... Seven.Five - The Multigeneration Wireless Test Family is the first to support 2G, 2.5G and 3G baseband standards, allowing both data and voice optimization and benchmarking. Launched at CTIA by COMARCO, Inc. (NASDAQ: CMRO)through its Wireless Test Solutions (WTS) group, in partnership with SwissQual AG of Zuchwil, Switzerland, Seven.Five will be used by cellular operators and carriers worldwide, to test and optimize their wireless infrastructure.
"Seven.Five allows cellular network operators and carriers to better understand the characteristics of their wireless networks, and to optimize the performance and geographic coverage, resulting in reduced customer churn rate and a higher quality of service (QoS) for voice, data and video transmission," says Greg Maton, senior vice president of WTS.
Seven.Five - The Multigeneration Wireless Test Family...
Seven.Five - The Multigeneration Wireless Test Family is a mobile test platform that is adaptable to virtually any test application. It provides wireless infrastructure analysis, benchmarking and optimization for 2G, 2.5G and 3G network deployments.
The Seven.Five family consists of the following five members:
· Seven.Five Solo: Ideally suited for network deployment activities, Solo is the only single Calling Module product available with a family of audio and data QoS algorithms. It's the perfect entry-level product, capable of seamless migration to the Seven.Five Duo.
· Seven.Five Duo: As networks mature, the power of a Calling Module plus a scanner is necessary to quickly and efficiently optimize networks. Duo supports up to two Calling Modules, which can have mixed technologies, and one Multi-Band, Multi- Technology RF Scanner. A Portability Kit is available for in-building needs.
· Seven.Five Multi: Designed for ultimate flexibility and scalability, Seven.Five Multi can house up to any combination of six Calling Modules or Scanners in each chassis. Multiple chassis can be combined to allow for up to 96 Calling Modules. The customer can mix and match technologies for benchmarking applications or configure a system with similar technologies for optimization activities. Multi does it all, and is also available with a Portability Kit for in-building and pedestrian testing needs.
· Seven.Five Multi-Band, Multi-Technology RF Scanner: The most advanced and accurate scanner for field-test applications. Capable of lightning-fast scans (over 3000 channels per second) in multiple frequency bands, with multiple technologies, doing DVCC, BSIC and PN decoding simultaneously. The scanner offers spectrum analyzer-type measurements and full baseband decoding for GSM 850/900/1800/1900, EDGE, IS-136, CDMA2000 and WCDMA.
· Seven.Five Data Extractor (DX): A very complete and easy-to-use software application that allows operators to produce comprehensive benchmarking reports, as well as perform desktop network optimization using all of the data collected by the Seven.Five hardware. The Data Interface includes a variety of features for data administration, filtering capability, analysis, statistics, integrated mapping and generation of reports, as well as an interface (ODBC) for third-party software.
Pricing for the Seven.Five family starts at $15,000. Availability is six to eight weeks ARO, depending upon the product.
About Comarco Wireless Test Solutions...
The Wireless Test Solutions (WTS) group of COMARCO, Inc. ( NASDAQ: CMRO), in partnership with SwissQual AG of Zuchwil, Switzerland, designs and manufactures products used by cellular operators and carriers use to test and optimize their wireless infrastructure. The flagship product is Seven.Five - The Multigeneration Wireless Test Family. Seven.Five supports 2G, 2.5G and 3G baseband standards, allowing both data and voice optimization and benchmarking. Comarco Wireless Test Solutions sells direct all over the world, with sales and support offices in North America, Latin America, Singapore and Switzerland. Comarco also designs and manufactures wireless emergency communications systems and the ChargeSource™ family of mobile power products for laptop computers, cellular telephones and other handheld devices. The Company's Web sites can be found at www.comarco.com and www.chargesource.com.
Safe Harbor Statement...
This release may contain forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended to date. These forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties, and other factors that could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. A number of important factors could cause our results to differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements, including, among others, the impact of perceived or actual weakening of economic conditions on customers' and prospective customers' spending on our products and services; potential difficulties in the assimilation of operations, strategies, technologies, personnel and products of acquired companies and technologies; risks related to market acceptance of our products and our ability to meet contractual and technical commitments with our customers; activities by us and others regarding protection of intellectual property; and competitors' release of competitive products and other actions. Further information on potential factors that could affect our financial results are included in risks detailed from time to time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including without limitation our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended January 31, 2002
Comarco Wireless Test Solutions is located at 2 Cromwell, Irvine, CA 92618-1816. The company can be found on the Web at www.comarco.com.
Comarco Wireless Test Solutions
David Kaye or Barbara Evans
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
President & CEO
Vice President & CFO
Founder & CEO